Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Strange Realizations

Today was a strange day.

I finally had an assessment with the new gym manager. My measurements weren't shocking. What I was educated on was where I should do each of my measurements.  The important part of the measurements I did during the challenge was that I was consistent. What I had labeled as my waist was where I measured every single week for my waist measurement. I do have planned another assessment for 7 weeks from now when I finish my next six week challenge.  I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Now, that part wasn't strange. The part that was strange was my desire to eat not paleo foods today.  I had some crackers.  Then I decided I really wanted to try a mocha coconut frappicinio from Starbucks with my free drink postcard. Even though that was enough to make me feel like utter and complete crap, it didn't stop me from grabbing a pretzel on the way to the train. Shaky, dizzy, light headed, sick to my stomach. My thought was that the pretzel wrapped around a hot dog would absorb the sugar from the frappicino. It might have, or it might have been the 45 minute train ride.  I'm not sure.  What I'm sitting here thinking now is, "Damn, my body doesn't like me right now."

It has made me realize just how much my body desires good food and how much it enjoys the paleo diet I've been following.  One meal a week doesn't make me feel like crap, but boy  oh boy, today did. I now know that this eating style is one I'd follow through out my life.

Now, I'm off to watch the Biggest Loser Finale, gathering inspiration from the amazing journeys of everyone from this season.

No comments: