Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Grok-ily Workout & Cooking at the Same Time!

Some days you just have to improvise! Yesterday was one of those days. I didn't have time to workout at work due to meetings, so I worked out outside at home.  During my rests between sets? I grilled dinner! After my workout, we sat outside and enjoyed dinner.  It was really a great evening.

For the chin-ups, I attempted negative chin-ups for 3 sets and did one arm rows with my 15lb kettle-bell for the last set. I did the close hand push-ups on my knees as I couldn't find a good spot for an incline that I felt comfortable with. I continued with the squat/lunge combo. My son counted them out for me, he was kinda funny. As for the planks, I attempted the 1-1 planks, but seemingly couldn't keep my balance out where I was doing them, so I just went to regular planks for the last 2 sets.

BW Brigade Workout B:
Chin-Ups: 5,5,5,15 = 30
Close Hand Push-ups: 20,20,20,20 = 80
Lunge/Squat Combo: 15,15,15,15 = 60
Planks: 40,40,60,60 = 200 seconds

I felt really good after my workout. So glad I got it done!

Yesterday's eating was fairly good. Higher in fat due to the walnut butter I was eating up for snacks. :)

Noms consumed:
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs & Salsa
AM Snack: Apple with Walnut Butter
Lunch: Salad, Coconut Almond Crusted Chicken & Steamed Veggies
PM Snack: Celery with Walnut Butter & some Cashews on the train
Dinner: Hamburger Patty, Polish Sausage and Green Beans

No comments: