Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rainbow Pasta Yummies

I don't know which thing from yesterday to rave about more; my workout from yesterday or my dinner from last night! LOL!

Let's start with the workout.  Yesterday was Workout A.  I changed things up a bit... the Smith Machine was in use, so I used the cable machine and did seated rows. Since I'm having odd balance issues with trying assisted pistol squats I did one legged squats with one leg behind me on the bosu ball. I did three sets of my push-ups as inclines, the last set as full push-ups.  Let me tell you, my upper body is SORE today!

BW Brigade Workout A
Push-Ups: 15,15,15,7=52
Rows: 10,10,12,12=44
Squats: 15,15,15,17=62 (that was each leg)
Side Planks: 60,70,60,70=260 seconds

So let's talk about dinner last night.  Last weekend I bought some "rainbow salad" by Mann Packing. This is basically shredded broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage and carrots. So, I took this "salad" and microwaved it for 90 seconds. I made some ground turkey tomato/pasta sauce.  Then I put the turkey pasta sauce on top of the steamy salad. OMG Delicious.  It met that comfort of pasta that I had been looking for in the past couple of weeks.

Noms Consumed:
Breakfast: Leftover "Garbage" Omelet
AM Snack: Roasted Almonds
Lunch: Rainbow Salad w/ chicken and homemade baconaise
PM Snack: More Almonds, Turkey Breast, 1/2 Dark Chocolate Bar
Dinner: Rainbow Salad "Pasta"

No comments: