Thursday, May 26, 2011

An Idea!

Today I was listening to Jillian Michael's podcast with her guest Bob Harper. They were talking about childhood obesity. As someone who started her battle of obesity as a child, a lot of the points they were bringing up hit home. One thing in particular is the fact that a lot of parents these days don't allow their children to do sports because of the cost of sports. Something else mentioned was parent volunteered play groups after school to help keep kids active.


This all made me wonder, what if I could have anything, money not being an issue.... Could I start an after school program where children can go after school to be active. How would I make enough money to keep this running as well as enough money to pay for my house, groceries and whatnot? I'm not sure. Right now, it's an idea. I wonder if parents would even be up for something like this. I could think of plenty of activities to keep kids busy, active and engaged. I have enough early childhood education to know how to make those activities educational as well.


This is definitely an idea that I'd like to think about more.

No comments: