Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Eating Healthy

This past weekend, it warmed up to 75!  I pulled out the grill and grilled a bunch of chicken for my lunches this week.  The past two days, my lunch has been: 6oz grilled chicken breast, salad w/ spinach, green beans and green giant healthy weight medley. In other words, very vegetable oriented.  I had this planned before even reading about the new plan on I'm going on.

Today, two co-workers commented on how I am the ideal healthy eater, that my lunch is one you would see pictured in magazines... but that they couldn't eat it.  One girl went so far to say she wouldn't be able to touch the vegetables without adding a lot of salt, pepper and gravy.  Can I say, ew? I like my veggies nekkid or as natural as possible! The thought of covering up the beautiful vegetables with gravy just makes me feel sickly inside.

Anyways!

I kicked ass at my workout last night and again this afternoon!

Yesterday I did the first workout of my new plan.  Can I say the warm-up kicked my ass?  Let me fill you in on this warm-up....

2 minutes jumping rope, 50 jumping jacks, 50 squats, 10 lunges on each leg, 10 hip extensions, 5 side leg step overs in each direction, 10 straight leg swings on each leg, 10 side leg swings on each leg, 15 push ups and 10 mountain climbers!

That was all before actually getting into the core workout! 47 minutes after starting the warm-up I finished the cool down... and I felt great!  I felt accomplished! I burned 475 calories according to my HRM.

Today, I did some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).  I did a reverse "triathlon".

- Treadmill: 1 mile 14:28 (my HIITs were at 6mph, 7mph, 7.5mph, 8mph)
- Bike: 3 miles 11:49 (my HIITs were at 100+ RPMs)
- Elliptical: 1 mile 11:32 (my HIITs were as fast as my legs could go... I think I got up to 14 mph at one point!)

Calories Burned? 559!

I'm so excited that I am back on track!

No comments: