Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Interesting Title Goes Here

So, counting down days as titles would be a very easy way to do titles for my log posts. However, I'm not sold on doing something like: NF Challenge #2 Day #2. So, I'm pondering how to make the titles more random using google searches. But what exactly should I do? Any suggestions?


Let's start today with a quote from a "Top 25 Fitness Motivation Quotes" list I came across.


"Strive for progress, not perfection." -Unknown


Today I completed Workout B of the Dumbbell Division workout. I had a brief thought earlier, "When tracking weight for dumbbell workouts, do you track the weight of one dumbbell... or both together?" I asked the authors of the RSG workout and Vic suggested one dumbbell, but either way, be consistent. So, that's how I'm tracking my workouts!


Today's workout was front squats, deadlifts, planks and squat thrusts! I decided to do squat thrusts instead of the burpee finishing move. Why? I can't really do a push-up, so squat thrust sounded better. Besides, I've only ever done like 4 before.


Workout Stats (Reps x Sets):



  • Front Squat: 5x5 @ 35lb dumbbells

  • Deadlift: 5x4 @ 50lb dumbbells

  • Planks: Max x3 - 90s, 60s, 90s

  • Finishing Move: Squat Thrusts! 20 Reps.


I also remembered today that when I first started Paleo at the beginning of the last challenge, there were a few days where I just wasn't hungry. I'm dealing with that now. Just haven't felt the desire or need to eat. So, my calories have been a little lower the past couple of days, but that's all good.


Noms Nommed:



  • Breakfast: Fried Eggs, Bell Peppers & Bacon

  • AM Snack: Cherries

  • Lunch: Pork Chop, Green Beans, Carrots, Cabbage & Onion

  • Dinner: Egg Scramble with Bell Peppers, Cheese & Leftover Paleo Meatloaf


I have the rest of the week off. Tomorrow is is eye doctor appointment and Jonas' last day of school. Friday I took a vacation day off. We're going to take the train into Chicago, rent bikes and bike to Lincoln Park Zoo. Saturday we have a Tour de Highland bike ride (8 miles!)I still plan on doing my workouts and staying on track with my eating. Should be interesting!


Keep Pressing On!

No comments: