Friday, June 24, 2011

TGIF

It's Friday!

So what happened on Thursday in my challenge life? I worked out. Not only that, I kicked my ass during that workout! After working out, I participated in my work's wellness seminar and did some yoga... in jeans. And socks... which during one pose caused me to go into the splits cuz my feet slid on the carpet. That was funny. More awesome was the fact I went almost all the way down in those splits... in my jeans!

Anyway! Strength workout was Workout B, front squats, deadlifts and planks. For the front squats I had noticed that I've been using 40lb dumbbells for most of the workouts. I tried using the 45s, however my arms yelled at me after the first set. It's not my legs that can't handle it, it's getting the dang dumbbells up to my shoulders! LOL! Deadlifts. I went up with these again to the 75lb-ders. I've got one more set of dumbbells before I out lift the gym. I may look into bringing my own bar in and using the weights for the smith machine... Whee! Oh... those deadlifts were difficult. My hands had a hard time towards the end holding the weights. I paused a couple times between the last few reps just so I could get em all out. Planks were utterly perfect in form. In other news, my back is a little sore today. I think it's from how I was trying to get the 45s up to my shoulders for the front squats and not wholly from the deadlifts, though, that might have had a little to do with it too.

RSG Dumbbell Workout B:
Front Squats 5x5: 45,40,40,40,40
Deadlifts 5x4: 75,75,75,75
Planks Max x3: 90,90,90

I had a bad eating day yesterday. It was good up until 1:30, when I wanted nut butter... and I wanted it with a spoon. Only, the almond butter I had went bad (which I realized after I had some)... and I had peanut butter at my desk. So, I dug into it. After a few hours of my stomach hurting, you would think I'd have been good. Nope, I picked up a salad from Wendy's on the way home and some fries... and then on top of that, had a bit of popcorn before bed.

Am I going to be hard on myself for this? Not at all. I am being accountable to myself. I documented everything I put in my mouth and will just chalk it up to monthly cycles creating havoc in my body.

Noms Nommed:
Breakfast - Bacon & Eggs
AM Snack - Frozen Blueberries (these were really good, I may have to do this again), Zucchini Sticks
Lunch - Tuna Salad on top of Zucchini Rounds, Green Beans
PM Snack - Peanut butter (about 1/2 cup, thankfully the jar wasn't full)
Dinner - Berry Almond Chicken Salad from Wendy's & Value Fry
Snack - Snack-size bag of popcorn, almonds & dark chocolate chips mixed into a trail mix

This weekend, I am making a promise to myself to take all of the foods I don't want in the house (popcorn, for example) and take it to my mom's for my son to have when he's there, or my parents to eat if they want it. Either way, it's leaving.

No comments: