Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sleep Does Wonders

Last night, I got home from work, watched about 40 minutes of TV and then I fell asleep. Yep, about 7:30. And I slept right through until 5:30 this morning. I feel SO much better today!

Yesterday's workout was Workout A. I decided to keep my weights for the push-press the same. For the pull-up movement I did seated cable rows. Hee, I used all the plates on the one side of the cable machine. Seated rows might be done... For the push-ups... I have been working on my form for full push-ups for the past week. Last week, I went down until my tummy hit the floor (I have a ton of extra skin from all my weight loss). The issue is, I would sometimes pause there and then gather strength to push back up. While this worked, I wanted to not pause and use all my upper body strength instead of feeling like I was "cheating". So yesterday I went until right before my tummy touched and then went back up. There was no resting at the bottom. Did I go until my arms were at 90 degrees, no, but I think I got a much better workout. Side planks, I decided to try doing full, hand on the ground instead of forearm, side planks. I held each side for about 20 seconds in full form and about 50 with one knee on the ground. Today? I'm sore!

RSG Dumbbell Workout A
Push-Press 5x5: 30,30,30,30,30
Seated Rows 5x3: 97.5, 97.5, 97.5
Push-Ups Max x3: 6,7,8
Side Planks: 70s, 70s, 80s, 60s

Before I put what I eat, let me say... Yes, it's low in calories and everything else... I wasn't hungry and was drinking a lot of coffee to stay awake through my work day.

Noms Nommed:
Breakfast - Eggs, Cheese & Bacon
Lunch - Ground Meat & Broccoli Slaw
PM Snack - Dark Chocolate w/ Ground Coffee, Green Peppers, Sugar Snap Peas
Dinner - Chicken Sausage & Green Peppers

No comments: