Sunday, June 5, 2011

I got a new bike!

Day 6

Sundays are always interesting days.  Every Sunday my family, as in parents, siblings and their clans, get together and make breakfast.  Generally dad and I cook.  I make the pancakes.  He makes eggs, sausage and/or bacon, hash browns, biscuits & gravy. Since changing my eating, I've gone to eating eggs, sausage and/or bacon with some hash browns. I'm so thankful that my family doesn't look at me strange and in fact are very supportive of my change of eating and how I'm bettering myself.

After breakfast I took my son and nephew to a beach along Lake Michigan. It was quite a bit cooler out today than it was yesterday, but that didn't stop them from hopping into the water.  Me?  I relaxed in the sand, soaking up the rays.

On the way home from the beach I got a call from my mom telling me that she found me a new (used) bike at a garage sale today!  It has shocks AND brakes that work! (My bike is less than ideal). I was so excited!  I went over to her house after we all got cleaned up and boy is the new bike pretty!

So, kiddo and I came home and hopped on our bikes to ride over to my parents to switch to my new bike. It's about 3.5 miles round trip, so it was a nice 35/37 minute ride.  My new bike was awesome.  I'm so excited to be able to go out on my own next weekend and enjoy a speedy ride!

Today was my designated non-paleo meal day.  I did have one meal non-paleo and it was a doozy.  McDonalds... with fries.  I did take the top of the bun off, which made me feel a little better.  I need to figure out a good drive-thru type of meal that I can eat while driving.

I made up for it by making a kick ass dinner.  I call it the "Sausage, Chicken, Veggie Skillet Noms."  Basically... cook up some bacon to get some fat.  After that, cook some cabbage, onions, carrots & zucchini that have been chopped up. I took it out of the pan when cooked to my liking, then cooked up some mild italian sausage and chicken.  When it was cooked, I combined everything together and it ended up making about 6 servings.

Noms Nommed:
Breakfast - Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Hash Browns with a bit of salsa
Snack - Beef Jerky
Lunch - Bacon Angus Burger without top bun, small fry
Snack - Dried piece of mango
Dinner - Sausage, Chicken, Veggie Skillet Noms

Workouts Today:
3.5 Mile Ride with kiddo -- 37 minutes.

Total Bike Time for Week (thus far): 2 hours, 1 minute

No comments: