Thursday, June 23, 2011

A lovely walk

Yesterday was a rest day for my RSG workouts. It was a pretty day out, so I decided to trek it around the city. I explored new things (Chicago's Riverwalk and the various sites around it including some pretty parkland) and was gone for just over an hour! I did get caught in a bit of rain, but it only lasted a couple minutes and I was under some trees, so I didn't end up too wet. Funny thing was, I had paused to take a picture of a park, turned around and looked down Lake Shore Drive and saw the line of rain coming right at me and thought, "Oh bloody hell!" Lol! I was trying to figure out if I'd be sitting at my desk soaking wet for the afternoon or not.

Here's a picture of Lake Michigan and the marina right where the Chicago River and Lake Michigan meet.



Something I've noticed in the past couple of days... I'm not hungry. I go through phases, and I'm not worrying about eating every couple hours. Instead, I'm eating when I'm hungry. The one thing I'm wondering about, and I think I know the answer, is getting enough calories. I know a couple days won't harm me, that it's more the over the course of the week average that I'm needing to be concerned about. Right? It's what I keep telling myself anyways.

Noms Nommed:
Breakfast - Western Omelet, Bacon
Lunch - Steak Salad from Chipotle with Guac! (Yum! Thanks for the gift-card, work!)
Snack - Dark Chocolate Almonds
Dinner - Green Beans, Turkey Burger topped with bacon, egg & homemade ketchup
Snack - Turkey Jerky & Almonds

No comments: