Thursday, June 16, 2011

Monumental Deadlift

I was doing my dumbbell workout b when one of the guys in the gym says to me, "You're going to use the 70s today? Didn't you just do the 65s Monday?" I of course, nodded and said, "Yep, I'm ready for it!"

After that, the next set I was getting in position to lift them when I realized... I was lifting the number of pounds (well, minus a couple) that I've lost to date.... 140 pounds. I picked them up and walked around a little and almost cried. How could I have done that to myself? I could I have carried that around for so long? I stopped and looked into the mirror and grinned. I wasn't that person anymore. I am a healthier happier person. I plowed through the rest of my workout!

Speaking of the rest of the workout, today was front squats, deadlifts and planks. My planks were perfect, lovely planks that made me drip sweat onto the mat. The front squats, those are difficult, the most difficult part is getting the right weight dumbbells and hoisting them up on my shoulders. 

RSG Dumbbell Workout B Stats:
Front Squat 5x5: 40,40,40,40,35
Deadlift 5x4: 70,70,70,70
Planks Max x3: 70,50,60

Eats today... Today I focused on veggies and protein for breakfast and lunch. I took the easy route and protein shakes, added fat by putting in some ground almonds I made. I was good until about 2:30-3pm when I was my normal hungry-snacky-I want to be anywhere but at work self. I allowed myself to have 1 dark chocolate almond. 

Noms Nommed:
Breakfast - Protein Shake with blueberries, coconut milk & ground almonds
AM Snack - Cucumber
Lunch - Protein Shake with ground almonds
PM Snack - Sugar Snap Peas, Carrots & Dark Chocolate Almond
Dinner - Chicken Sausage, Mixed Veg (cauliflower, carrot, broccoli or something)
Dessert - Nutty Cookies made with ground almonds, coconut flour, banana, apple and coconut milk (yum?)

No comments: