Thursday, June 16, 2011

2 Day Catch-up

I realized I didn't do my update the past couple of days...

Tuesday:

Workout was Dumbbell Workout A. I forgot to write down the previous weight I used for the push-press so I guessed. I tried to do them with the 35s but after one I was like, uh not so much. I went down to 30s and completed all of the sets with that. Struggled a bit on the last rep of the last 2 sets, so I figure I'll use that weight next time I do this workout. For the pull-ups I did pull-downs again. I waffled with doing the seated rows from the cable machine, but someone else was using that, so I went and did pull-downs. I did two of the sets underhanded, one overhand. Underhand is definitely easier! Push-ups... I was thinking about these before the workout. I've been aiming to do 20 reps each set... starting with as many as I could full (or kinda more I'd go and then sorta fall to my tummy and push back up in good form) and then go to my knees. I decided I wasn't going to do that this workout. I was going to pay very close attention to form and just do fulls. I did sets of 6 and I'm proud of that! Side Planks - Finally feel good (well, as good as one feels holding a side plank) about how my feet were stacked with my hand up the the air. Still reminds me of half and airplane!

RSG Dumbbell Workout A Stats:
Push-Press 5x5: 30lb-ders
Pull-Down 5x3: 130lbs
Push-Ups Max x3: 6,6,6
Side Planks 2 sets each side: 60s, 60s, 60s, 60s

Food... since I didn't really have a cheat meal on Sunday... I decided we were going to go out to dinner and I had a taste for chicken wings. Do you know how many calories those things have in them once they're all good and deep fried? A lot. But, I'm not stressing about it. I enjoyed myself and didn't overdo it. I even brought leftovers to my pregnant sister

Noms Nommed:
Breakfast: Bacon, Eggs scrambled with a bit of leftover filling from stuffed zucchini boats
Lunch: Rest of leftover filling from stuffed zucchini boats
PM Snack: Turkey Jerky & Almonds
Dinner: Soft Pretzel and Chicken Wings

Wednesday:

Yesterday was a rest day. I had pondered moving my workout up a day so I would do 5 days of workout this week due to my being off on next Monday without access to a gym to do my 4th workout of this week. However, given everything going on at home, I decided instead to have some me time. I went off and got my hair washed (which I LOVE when someone else washes my hair) and trimmed during my lunch time. When I driving home, I SO wanted to just order a large pizza and have that. Yep, that emotional eating bug was coming. I told myself no. I'll make something at home.

What did I make? Bacon & Eggs. Not my normal 2 slices of bacon. Nope, I made up the rest of the package of bacon and had my eggs with cheese. I also had some almonds... I ate while I picked up a new book that I started reading when I got home.

Yep, that did it. I ate food that wasn't going to do me any harm to my goals and filled me so I didn't feel that emotional need to order pizza.

Noms Nommed:
Breakfast: Bacon & Eggs
AM Snack: Sugar Snap Peas & Almonds
Lunch: Broccoli Salad w/ Canned Chicken
PM Snack: Dark Chocolate covered Almonds
Dinner: Bacon, Eggs, Cheese & Almonds ... oh and strawberries while bacon was cooking.

Since my eating yesterday wasn't my ideal eating day, I decided that today would consist of veggies and protein shakes. I got some new protein powder yesterday for my desk at work. I had a blueberry/almond one at home this morning. We'll see how this goes today. I'll make myself a good dinner tonight when I get home. Hopefully it's not raining and I can get in a bike ride too (plus my scheduled strength workout!)  

No comments: