So I signed up for the challenge.
There are 5 simple rules:
- Cut out Soda (Just replace one soda with water is the goal given. Since I have usually have one per day, I'm going to aim to have none at all)
- Stop Eating at Least 3 Hours Before Bed (Due to times I get home, this is sometimes not doable. Instead, I will aim to not at least 2 hours before bed. If I do end up eating, I will do an extra 10 min exercise before bed)
- Move for 10 Minutes Each Day (This one, while I move a lot will be an additional 10 minutes, done at home in the evenings with the family to meet my goal)
- Exercise Portion Control (I need to get back into the habit of weighing and measuring everything!)
- Weigh Yourself Daily (No problem! I can do this, even if I don't like it just yet)
I also liked this picture about how to balance what you're eating:
So this is my new challenge to myself. To lose 10 pounds. Simple enough.
I'm going to track my goals daily as a 5 out of 5 type of way to keep track of how I'm doing. I think this is easy enough that I'm not going to become overwhelmed, but will help me in my journey of becoming healthier.