Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just 10!

In a normal day, I check twitter a couple times, but really only ever read the top 5 or so at that time. During one check today I see a tweet by Dr. Oz about his Just 10 challenge. Basically, to create a goal of losing 10 pounds at a time. While I've been trying to figure out how to get myself back on a goal driven basis with my weight loss (I'm doing the workout goals well enough with the New Weight Lifting for Women plan), this showed up and looks like I can do it!

So I signed up for the challenge.

There are 5 simple rules:
  1. Cut out Soda (Just replace one soda with water is the goal given. Since I have usually have one per day, I'm going to aim to have none at all)
  2. Stop Eating at Least 3 Hours Before Bed (Due to times I get home, this is sometimes not doable. Instead, I will aim to not at least 2 hours before bed. If I do end up eating, I will do an extra 10 min exercise before bed)
  3. Move for 10 Minutes Each Day (This one, while I move a lot will be an additional 10 minutes, done at home in the evenings with the family to meet my goal)
  4. Exercise Portion Control (I need to get back into the habit of weighing and measuring everything!)
  5. Weigh Yourself Daily (No problem! I can do this, even if I don't like it just yet)

I also liked this picture about how to balance what you're eating:













Easy enough!

So this is my new challenge to myself. To lose 10 pounds. Simple enough.


I'm going to track my goals daily as a 5 out of 5 type of way to keep track of how I'm doing. I think this is easy enough that I'm not going to become overwhelmed, but will help me in my journey of becoming healthier.

No comments: