Thursday, November 11, 2010

Just 10 - Day 8

First and foremost I am extremely proud of myself for yesterday. I wasn't feeling like working out when it came time.  However I said, "20 minutes, I can do 20 minutes!"  I ended up with 24, but in that time-frame I rode 7 miles on the bike.  Secondly, I had a rough evening.  It took every bone in my body to not eat my way through those feelings I was having. I had a healthy supper, stayed within my calories and considered it a great day!

So Day 7 was a big ol 5 out of 5.

Today?  Emotionally has been a boost.  I had my performance review for work.  Raises rock.  Raises with retroactive pay (especially right before the holidays) rock more. :) So when my boss took me out to lunch I opted for a diet soda with my lunch.  I figured, its a celebration type of thing, I'm okay to break that rule today.

Other than that, I've been eating a little bit more than normal, but I have a big strength training workout today, so that's okay.  Nothing at the extreme, just a little more.

Dinner tonight is going to be a quiet one at home, with a possible family walk afterwords.

I realized, the rule I struggle with the most of my core 5 is the no eating 3 hours before bed.  Not because I'm hungry, but because I'm wanting to stay up to spend time with family, doing things, and my body is taking that as, "must have fuel".  Taking an active step to stop myself this past week, I've realized that I'm associating a feeling with hunger and that is an easy one to remedy.

Weight wise, I've been steadily declining since Monday and my overfilled weekend, so I'm excited about that.

I know I can do it!

No comments: