Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Overeducated??

So, I've lost my inspiration yet again. I've started a new workout program, but I can't seem to follow an eating plan. Is it because I'm reading too much and am over-educated in what everyone thinks is the right percentage of macro-nutrients, what someone else thinks is the "better" food? I honestly have no clue. Either way, I haven't been losing fat. That's the way that I'm looking at things now. I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm trying to lose weight.

It's still hard for me to fathom that I'm at the top of the healthy body fat % for women my age. What's that mean? The last time I had my body fat measured, it was under 33%. Yet, I have this big ol belly of fat. It's this big ol belly that has my mind in a matter of chaos.

I no longer know what I should be eating, how often, etc.

The strength training workout I put myself on recommends a 40/30/30 ratio due to the amount of strength training. (That is protein/carb/fat ratio)

Ok, great. I know lean meats are better than fatty meats. I know whole grains are better than the processed crap with no nutritional value. What about organic vs. non-organic fruits and veggies? Is organic going to salvage my hormone imbalance from years of playing whack-a-mole with my eating plans?

Should I continue logging what I eat? Should I just let go for a while? Why was I so successful and now am struggling just to maintain my weight?

I'm so frustrated with everything, I'm sure it isn't helping. I'm anally obsessed with this journey and I wish I could just "go with the flow". But I also know that I can't.

I realized that while writing down my thoughts and feelings does help, I can't force myself to do it every day. Yet, I should try and do more of the "good days" and not the days where I realize my unhealthy obsession with making myself healthier.

I was going to instill a more organic diet starting next week in our house, however, now I'm wondering, is that really what I want to do? Is it really what will help me, and the rest of the household, become healthier? There are SO many conflicting studies and opinions around, that I can't find a straight answer.

I think, for now, anyway, I'm just going to go the old fashioned route of counting calories, logging my food, and abiding by the principles of lean meats, veggies, fruits, legumes and whole grains. Watching the ratio due to the strength training program, but not worrying overly much on the whole organic/non-organic front.

I'll make weekly menus and reevaluate in 2 months to see how the whole thing is going for me.

No comments: