Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Veggies, Walking and a Dress

Yesterday in recap:

Calories in: 1,780
Calories burned with exercise: 340
Couch to 5k Week 1 Day 3: Success!

I felt really good yesterday. I wasn't overly hungry, so I didn't overeat. I made some delicious roasted veggies and turkey breast for lunch. Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli, Cauliflower and Sweet Potato! The Brussels Sprouts... eh they are OK. This is the second time I've tried them. I really enjoyed the crispy outer layers but eating the whole thing, not so much. I enjoy veggies, a lot. There are some I've never really tried, so I am attempting to broaden my horizons and give some of those a try.

Today I'm planning on walking for at least an hour. I've decided that I'm still going to do the 10k at the end of March. While I can't run the whole thing, because my knee still isn't 100%, I want to run/walk it. My plan will involve intervals of running and walking until I finish. So, I kinda need to build up some endurance in the next couple of weeks, or more just... practice doing my plan. I'm thinking run 5 minutes, walk 2. If all goes well with the Couch to 5k, I'll be finishing up week 5 that week, which has me running 20 minutes on the third day, so depending on how I'm feeling then, I may change plans.  We'll see.

Other plans for this weekend include getting a dress for a wedding I'm going to in a couple of weeks, grocery shopping, meal planning and just relaxing and enjoying myself!

No comments: