Friday, February 11, 2011

It's Friday!

It's Friday!  Hooray!!

This morning started off with a Kettlebell workout, thanks to my new Kettlebell and Bob Harper workout DVD. Since I'm working from home today, I figured I'd get up at normal time, just do a workout before I got everyone else up and ready. It was a great way to start my day.  Maybe a 10 minute workout on days I head into the office wouldn't be a bad idea!

I had my followup with the orthopedic surgeon today. Basically? Go slow back into things, if it hurts, stop, wear brace on knee and keep moving slowly. If it gets unbearable, make another appointment and we'll go the MRI route. So, I'm free to start running again if I want. I'm not sure if I will or not yet.

Which leads me to my recent discovery activities.  Yeah, I've lost 140ish pounds. Yeah, like most people, I still struggle at times.  Recently, it's been a bigger struggle. Things are still stressful. I bought myself a guided healthy living journal. It not only includes places for me to record what I eat and exercise, but also guides me with questions on why I do things the way I do, how I am going to reach my goals and thinking positively about things. It guides you into how many portions of which foods you should eat and how you should split them across your meals and snacks. It's a 21 day guided journey. I'm on day 2! :)

My goals for this journey? Eat healthy lunches at work (bringing my lunch), Exercise at least 30 minutes a day (can be split up), eat dinner at home at least 5 days a week and lose 10 pounds in the 21 days.


I can do this, I know I can.

My breakfast experiment is going well. Today I even tried microwaved eggs, ala Hungry Girl breakfast in a mug. It was pretty tasty!  2 egg whites, 1 egg, 1oz ham, 1 T green onion, 1 wedge laughing cow cheese and 1t of dijon mustard. YUM!

Tomorrow is the last day for egg based/high protein breakfasts. This weekend I'll make up a big batch of oats and see how the higher carb breakfast goes. The protein breakfasts have been keeping me full to the point where I look at the clock and think, "Hmm, I should eat a snack now, it's been 4 hours since breakfast." Almost makes me think I should skip the higher carb part of the experiment and just go with the protein, but then it wouldn't be a full experiment! :) However, if through next week I notice I get hungry sooner, I will only do one week of the carb part.

I shall keep pressing on! Will you? :)

No comments: