Friday, after work I told the boys we were going roller skating! So much fun! I forget how much fun (and how good of a workout) roller skating is!
Saturday, I decided that I needed some down time and some time with my son. We headed out early and had some breakfast at his favorite omelet house. From there, we headed to Borders where I picked up a food & fitness journal, a new Hungry Girl cookbook and a Tae Bo (Hip Hop version) video. I then went and got my hair cut and highlighted!
Then we headed over to the Chicago Auto Show. Three hours of walking around looking at cars. It was a lot of fun. Ok, so it wasn't so much as down time as time with the family. :)
Sunday, after our normal Sunday Morning Breakfast at my parents with my siblings and their significant others, Jonas and I went to see Gnomeo and Juliet (super cute movie!). We went grocery shopping after the movie. I got a juicer and a lot of veggies. The evening was spent juicing and tasting. Best investment!
Today, I started my new journal and also started tracking again at MyFitnessPal (mostly because it's easier to look up calories there).
The goals I wrote in my journal:
- Calories between 2000 and 2100
- Plan healthy dinners!
- Bring healthy snacks to work so I don't get overwhelmed and want to eat anything I can grab.
- C25k 3 times a week with family (I have the plans plastered to our dining room wall for the 3 of us!)
- Strength Training 2 times a week @ work gym (whole body, building strength back up in knee and allover toning)
- Cardio once a week @ work gym (45 minutes on bike or elliptical)
- Videos at home, as deemed fun (Jonas and I like doing them together!)
- Blog Mondays-Fridays to keep myself accountable (means I have to think up topics)
- Read blogs, articles, and/or books to get inspiration from others. Comment! Don't be afraid to share my opinion.
- Once a week, do something for me that doesn't involve food or working out.
Thusfar today, I'm at 1036 calories and 36 minutes worth of strength training!
I know I can succeed!