Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hello Doctor!

Well, my knee was feeling better earlier this week.  So, I did interval runs on Monday and Tuesday. Then on Tuesday night while undecorating the Christmas tree and going in and out the back door (where resides 2 steps), I felt the pain come back tenfold. Unwilling to give up my workouts, I vowed to use the elliptical machine until I get medical clearance. I sent myself an e-mail reminder to call the doctor to see if I could get in anytime soon. Surprisingly enough, they could get me in tomorrow! Hopefully it's nothing serious.  We'll see tomorrow.

In other news, I feel mentally better. I've been fighting this battle for so long, sometimes I just need to remember why I'm doing this. Why am I working out? Why am I trying to lose weight? Why do I try to eat healthy?

Why?  To live my life! To become healthy, to stick around long enough to annoy Jonas when I'm old and gray. :)

Not only do I need to remember why, I need to keep faith in myself that I can do this.

I've lost 135 pounds in Jonas' lifetime (80 when he was 2, the rest in the past year). I've grown so much in those years. I'm no longer the same person I was back then. So much has changed, and so much for the better.

I'm active. I'm healthier. I'm happier.

I can do this!

No comments: