Here's my official goals for the next six weeks!
This challenge is going to be interesting. I plan on doing some major ass kicking, of epic proportions... to myself.
First off, food goals. After finishing up "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf, I have decided for this challenge, I will be going full Paleo for the duration of the challenge. Because one of my main goals is still weight loss, I will be limiting my intake of fruits and nuts.
- 100% Paleo
- Fruit 1 serving per day, choosing between: Berries or apple (apples are accessible if I forget my berries at home). Try to only do an apple once a week.
- Nuts 1oz per day. These will either be pistachios (which I'm still trying to figure out how much 1oz is with the nuts in the shells) or almonds.
- I will not be logging my food into a calorie counting program, however I will be logging everything I put into my mouth and my feelings each day. This is vital to me figuring out what my triggers are.
- Create a weekly menu on Saturday for the following week. Post it. Follow it.
Ok, now fitness stuff. One of the downsides to the last challenge was my access to a gym. I'm limited to days I'm at work to get to a gym. Right now, gym membership isn't in my budget and my gym at work is free (or, free for me, a benefit paid for by work). On days I'm off, I struggled with my workouts. I spoke with Steve a bit and have decided I'm doing the RSG BW workouts again, with a bit of twist.
What I've done is taken the workouts and created ranks. Each rank consists of graduated exercises when I reach 15 reps per set. I've documented this in a google doc if anyone cares to take a look here! Becasue building strength is about doing a little more each time, I'm starting at rank 1. As soon as I reach the 15 reps per set, I move to the next rank for the next workout.
- BW Workouts 3x per week
- Cardio (biking, walking, chasing my kid, etc) 2 hours per week
The area I've struggled with coming up with goals... my life goals. I tried to come up with a couple fun goals and a couple "make me a better adult" goals.
- Knit every night on the super secret project I've been working on for a couple of years.... (Fun!)
- Take my kid to hiking twice, once at Starved Rock State Park and once at Indiana Dunes State Park. (Fun!)
- Continue working on budget, cutting down spending such that I can put money into savings every month. (Adult)
- Update my resume and put it out there to find a job closer to home. (Adult)
I decided, this challenge, I am not going to weigh myself every week. As a matter of fact, I put the scales away (three of them, downstairs, in a box taped shut). I weighed myself this morning and will weigh again on the last day of the challenge. I will continue doing weekly measurements and pictures.
Starting Weight: 273