Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 1 - New Beginnings

Day 1 of New Challenge was a resounding success!

I started the day off with a bang! 

The Exercise:
I woke up and hopped on my bike for a warm-up before my strength workout.  My warm-up ended up being nearly 7 miles! I got home, nice and sweaty, turned on some music and got busy with my strength workout. Between sets I cleaned out my kitchen pantry, putting all the stuff I'm not going to eat into bags to give away.

My Body Weight Workout:
4 circuits of:
  • 15 Push-ups On Knees (Rank 1)
  • 15 One Arm Rows with 30lb dumbbell, each arm (Rank 1)
  • 15 Squats (Rank 1)

Side Planks, 2 sets each side, 60s each with 60s rest between sets (Rank 1)

I completed my Rank 1 of all the exercises!

The Noms:
Not logging my food into a calorie counting program, but writing it in a notebook was interesting. I found this little notebook I had forgot getting from a coworker for Christmas. It works well as it's small, has a pen and reminds me to keep calm!

So how was nomming?  Good!  I didn't eat what was planned for lunch.  I wasn't sure if there would be a luncheon after the funeral I attended or not.  There was, however there were no veggies (that weren't in pasta).  So I swapped out my blueberries for a salad for my snack.

Noms Nommed:
Breakfast - Eggs scrambled with bacon, squash & onion
Lunch - Pot Roast & Ham
Snack - Salad, Pistachios
Dinner - Chicken Stir Fry (Veggies in play: Cabbage, broccoli, green beans and roasted red peppers)

Chicken Stir Fry

Feelings throughout the day?  I didn't stress eat.  Dinner, I ate because it was 7pm, but I wasn't overly hungry.  Which doesn't surprise me.  I'm generally not overly hungry on strength training days, but the day after.

The Life Goals:
I worked on my knitting project while watching 300 before bed.  Finished up one color and get to switch to a new color tonight!

I also got a lot of cleaning done, including carrying up tiles from the basement to the trash.  This goal has been on my list for a year (remove tiles, carry up, sweep & paint)!  All I need to do now is clean and paint!

No comments: