Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another day and some Broccoli!

The Exercise

My plan to get up early and work out was stifled by my insistence of hitting my alarm clock snooze button. I worked out when I got home from work, warming up by pulling weeds in 100+ degree heat and then dancing around my living room. I chose not to do a back exercise last night.  I don't have a good apparatus at home to do body weight rows on.  My kitchen table is too low to the ground and I don't feel I'm getting a good workout with it.  I am going to look at getting something to attach to my chin-up bar for this. (A stick with some rope comes to mind right now, lol!) My push-ups and lunges were done as a circuit, with rest cycles spent getting dinner ready. The last circuit, I was yelling while counting, hoping to give myself inspiration to push through the workout.  It worked!

BW Workout B Stats:
Close Hand Push-ups: 4 sets of 15 = Completion of Rank 1
Lunges: 4 sets of 15 = Completion of Rank 1
Planks: 4 sets of 60s = Completion of Rank 1

I've successfully completed Rank 1 of my workout plan... Friday's workout will be Rank 2 exercises!

The Food

Oddly enough, I went between not being hungry and being famished a couple of times in the day.  I had fruit and nuts yesterday for my afternoon snack.  While the snack is tasty, having raw veggies seems to be more filling.  I may play with that a bit next week.  Even with a stressful day, my eating was good.

Noms Nommed:
Breakfast - Leftover Shrimp & Veggie Thing
Lunch - Turkey Burger & Green Beans
Snack - Blueberries & Pistachios
Pre-Workout/Pre-Dinner Snack - Snack size slim jim
Dinner - Turkey Burger & Broccoli (The entire head that I picked from my garden!  YUMMY!)

Broccoli from MY garden!

The Life Goals

I knitted another 10 rows!  That moved me to being 11.71% done!  (Yes, I'm that much of a geek that I have a spreadsheet that I keep track of what I've done and what I've got left to do)

No comments: