Happy Friday! Today, it smells like spring outside. It's drizzly, but I want to go out and dance in the spring air! Anyone want to join me?
Yesterday's Couch to 5k run went well. Jonas was running a little slow, so the last segment of running, I told him I was going to pick it up. I think he did too. I felt so great, I even did an extra lap on the track!
Since our Couch to 5k week was thrown off a little, we're going to do two days in a row and run again today. Only, the indoor track we normally run at will be closed. I'm actually looking forward to running outside, even if it is drizzly!
Eating wise? Yesterday I did a really great job. I remember reading somewhere, if you have one day a week where you don't eat so good, it's OK because as long as you eat good the rest of the time, you'll do great in the long run. I know I'll do great.
I've been mainly following a philosophy of eating that I found through Fat2Fit Radio. They are two gentleman who have a podcast and recently wrote a book. Their whole philosophy is to eat like the thinner person you want to be. Don't starve yourself, just eat at the level that thinner person would eat at, and you'll get there. I hadn't listened to the podcasts for a while, but have caught back up and bought the book. Their gentle guidance helps keep me on track and helps me remember why I am doing what I am.
Today's Friday Five from Friday5.org is posted in honor of Dr. Suess's birthday this week. It was an interesting set of questions that made me think quite a bit.
1. Dr. Seuss’s first published book was And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street!. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve witnessed on your street?
I just moved onto my street within the past year, and honestly I've not seen a whole lot. However, the most awesome thing I saw was the day after the blizzard, the number of neighbors helping other neighbors dig out. It made me feel great about my decision to live on this street.
2. In The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, a boy removes his hat to pay respect to the passing king, but each hat is somehow replaced by a bigger, fancier hat. If you’re a hat person, what’s your current favorite? If not, under what circumstances did you last wear a hat?
I'm not really a hat person. I wear hats in the winter to keep warm. Baseball caps I think look utterly silly on me, so I only wear them if I need to block sunlight (I have sun sensitive eyes). The last hat I wore, just because I wanted to? I wore a jingle bell Christmas elf hat at my company holiday party.
3. In If I Ran the Zoo…, a boy fantasizes about how fantastic the zoo would be under his administration. What’s your local zoo like, and how do you like it?
I LOVELOVELOVE the Zoo! I had a membership a couple years ago and Jonas and I went all the time. I never got tired of visiting the zoo. There are 3 zoos within an hour drive. I've only been to two of them. Oddly enough, I've not been to the free zoo! Hah! I plan on changing that this year though. My favorite animals to watch are the monkeys and bears. What are yours?
4. In Green Eggs and Ham, the main character refuses to taste a certain dish until, just to get Sam to leave him alone, he gives in and discovers that he likes it. When did something like this happen to you?
Since I have an addiction to food, I really had to think about this. The food I'm currently doing this with is Brussels sprouts. Roasting them last week, I loved the outer crispy layers, but biting in, I could only handle about two before I thought, "No." Yet, I got more. I'm determined to find a way to cook these that I will just love them. Today, I'm cutting them in pieces and either roasting them or cooking them in a pan with some garlic and stuff.
5. The Foot Book contains a lesson about judging others based on their feet. Feet seem to be something people have widely polar opinions about! How do you feel about feet, and can you think of someone in your life who has especially nice feet?
Ugh, it's no secret to anyone in my family, I don't like feet. About the only feet I like are baby feet. I mean, how could you not like baby feet? My dad teases me constantly about rubbing his feet. It makes me cringe. I am definitely not a feet person.