Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Positive Attitudes

Have you ever sat back and thought about how negative you can be toward yourself? I know I think about it all the time.  Recently, I made a decision to look for the positives in myself.  Look at my accomplishments and how far I've come. Sure, in reality I might have a couple steps backwards, but in the long run, I'm moving in the right direction.

My desk at work I have quotes printed up on paper, inspiring me, motivating me. I need to get some of these for home too.  Or maybe some other ones that have pretty pictures I can hang on the wall rather than randomly printed papers.

It always amazes me how better I feel when I have positive mental attitude (PMA).  I want to do things. I want to succeed.  I want to exercise.  I want to eat healthy. I'm less stressed and can better navigate my days.

Some quotes I like:
"Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer.  Just get up and dance.  The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run." -- Dean Karnazes



"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. " -- Lou Holtz  

"We can't stop the waves, but we can learn to surf." -- Jonathan Kabat-Zinn  

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." --Einstein

"So what do we do? Anything -- something. So long as we just don't sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we've satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late." -- Le Iacocoa

"Realize that there is no such thing as failure. Keep this in mind and you will achieve all that you conceive in your mind. You never fail, you simply produce results." -- Wayne Dyer

Something else I read today, No matter how fast you go a distance, you burn the same number of calories.  If you run 5k in 30 minutes or you walk it in 1 hour. The important thing is, you got up and did the distance.


I am going to go the distance, are you?

No comments: