Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 2011 Goals

I have decided that I'm fed up with the way I've been living for the past few months.  Sure, I've got reasons for it, but I'm tired of using excuses for not living a healthy active lifestyle.  Today, that changes.

I reached out and told a friend, I need help.  He suggested that I come up with a list of goals for the month of December as well as for 2012.  I'm still working on my 2012 goals, but they will be broken up into the same categories that I've broken my December goals into.

I've broken my goals into five "F" categories.  Fitness, Food, Faith, Family & Finances.  Each goal has a point value and there are bonus points earned for every pound I lose.  Based on the number of points I earn by the end of the month, I've given myself a list of rewards I can earn.  I created a Google Doc spreadsheet to track my points every week.  I'll post my progress every week as well.

December 2011 Goals:

Fitness:
  • Workout 20 minutes on 20 days.  This could be any workout, as long as it's 20 minutes
  • Restart the 100 push-up program.  3 push-up sessions a week.  These will be done on my knees

Faith:
  • Attend 6 church services
  • Read the Bible using the Bible App on my phone and the 90 day reading program
  • Finish up the devotional: Need Him: Finding God using the Bible App on my phone
  • Jonas & I will do the Christmas/Advent devotional readings

Food:
  • 90% Paleo (Breakout: 50% fat, 20% carbs, 30% protein)
  • 1 or less servings of fruit a day
  • Aim for less than 100g of carbs a day
  • Track food via MyFitnessPal

Family:
  • One game night a week
  • Two family fun nights (Jonas' choice)

Finances:
  • $100 into saving account (min)
  • $20 per week for offering

Total Goal Points: 400

Rewards:
  • 400+ Points: Kinect Workout Game
  • 300-399 Points: Movie Night
  • 250-299 Points: Board/Card Game
  • 200-249 Points: Book

No comments: