Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Its been a while...

I realize it's been a while since I last posted.  So much has gone on, so many emotions have run high, I didn't want to post and sound whiney.

So what's happened?  (in bullet point list form!)
  • The boyfriend-type moved out and away 500ish miles.
  • I have some small blood vessel disorder and have been on a slew of medications to try and make it lessen,these medications are mainly a steroid and a toxin.  Fun, eh?
  • I've stopped eating Paleo for a while due to recovering finances and mental health.
  • I've stopped exercising for a while, mainly due to the flux of chemicals in my body and not knowing which way is up.
  • I'm working on finding myself, again.  Doing this by going back to church, spending some time with me, thinking about where I am and where I want to be.
  • Working fiendishly on increasing my knowledge in the Business Intelligence world.
So, now that all that has happened, what are my plans?
  • I need to start eating better again.  I felt so much better, physically and mentally while eating cleanly. 
    • My plan is to start following the bulletproof diet. This is a Paleo-esque diet.  
    • Basically what I'll eat in a day looks like this: 1-2 servings of fruit, 4-6 servings of animal protein, 5-9 (50% of daily calories) healthy fats, 6-11 servings healthy vegetables. 
    • Why?  There is a very strict layout of what is good, what you should avoid and what falls in the middle.  I need a better guideline than eat animals, fats and plants (fruits/veggies).
    • I'll also start tracking my food again, mainly so I know how many servings of each I'm eating.
  • I need to start working out again.  
    • Right now, I have two walking races scheduled.  A 3 mile walk on Thanksgiving and a 5k a few weeks later.  Both of these are going to be done with Jonas.  
    • I am not comfortable doing any jogging or heavy lifting right now.  Raking for 30 minutes made my hands break out into painful sores/rash from the vasculitis.  Until we can stop playing round robin with steroids and toxins and can get this under control, walking and some body weight exercises are about all I'm going to aim for.
  • I need to make sure to get at least 7 hours of sleep at night.  Since I wake up around 5:30, that means bed by 10 at the latest for me.
  • Go to church every Sunday.
That's about it for now.  As these plans start getting put into effect, I'll write more.  They will slowly get put into place as I am ready.  Today, I'm working on letting my adjust to the increase in steroids before doing more than making sure I get enough rest and don't eat everything in sight. It's one step at a time.  Baby steps for me.

No comments: