Saturday, June 4, 2011

Biking on a Hot Day

Is today day 5 of my challenge already??

I looked at my 20 lb dumbbells today and laughed.  Today's workout was supposed to be lunges & deadlifts.  Considering I wrote on my paper that the 50s were too light, I opted to just make this a 3 workout week for strength.  Doesn't mean I won't still do my cardios!

The Tour de Highland bike ride went well.  It was about 95 out, so we were all hot.  My 9 year old was experiencing the start of heat exhaustion (his little face was near to purple and his whole body was red) so we stopped at the halfway point (Kudos to the town for making it a figure 8 for parents with kids who might need to stop).  He apologized for not finishing the 8 miles... meanwhile I'm trying to get the kid to drink water! With the ride to/from the park where the race started/finished, we got in 5 miles in just over 45 minutes.  A bit after we got home we decided the day called for a good dip in a pool and went swimming. :)

Yesterday, my kid decided he wanted to try eating paleo with mom.  He turned down bread and chips today... twice.  I was very impressed, and proud. :)  He had leftover beef kebabs for breakfast, with some bacon and watermelon.  The kid does not like eggs... I gotta figure out breakfasts for him!

Noms Nommed:

  • Breakfast - Eggs, Bacon, Peppers & Watermelon
  • Lunch - Hamburger Patty with All the Veggies
  • Post Bike Snack - Fudgsicle (I was damn hot)
  • Post Swim Snack - Hot Dog & Green Beans with Chili Tomatoes
  • Dinner - Bacon, Paleo "Fried" Chicken Nuggets, Green Beans, A spoonful of corn & Watermelon
  • Dessert - A bit of dark chocolate


Oooh!  Let me tell you about those "Fried" chicken nuggets... I cooked up bacon so I'd have some fresh bacon fat.  I cut up chicken into strips.  I made some nut "flour" and coconut "flour" using my food processor.  I mixed the two together.  Tossed the chicken with some chili powder and garlic.  Dipped in egg, dredged in my nut/coconut "flour" and then fried it up in the bacon fat. My kid and nephew LOVED these!

I ate more than one serving of fruit today, but I figured if that's as off plan as I go... it's okay! :)

No comments: