Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break Recap

A picture post! :)

Saturday, the first day of Spring Break, we went Geocaching!  It was a ton of fun.  My sister and nephew joined us on our quest for goodies.

Jonas and Kyle find the Geo Cache!

We then got our CityPass and it was time for our tour of Chicago Museums!

Sunday, we ventured off to Adler Planetarium and Shedd Aquarium. Of the two, the Aquarium was by far my favorite!  I really love watching fish, it's always been so relaxing.
Dustin and Jonas outside the Planetarium

Mom and Jonas, being goofy before the 3D movie.

Aquatic Show!

Jonas and a turtle sculpture!

Nemo and Dori? :)

Monday, we ventured off to Field Museum. While I like going to look at the dinosaur and experience new things, this was my least favorite museum. We had fun together though.  Even if Jonas and I sat for a bit while Dustin went through it for the first time.

Jonas & Sue

In Soil We Trust!

After the Field, we went to SkyDeck and attempted to look out at Chicago.  However, it turned foggy while we were on our way!
Jonas & Willis Tower
Tuesday, we headed out to everyone's favorite, Museum of Science and Industry! We saw a movie about tornadoes at the IMAX. We toured the U505 submarine! We went into the coal mine! We played and learned all about science!


U505 Submarine

Jonas takes the helm?!?!

Jonas, really excited to tour the U505 sub!

Aww!  Me and Dustin!
Wednesday, Jonas and I went to see Mars Needs Moms before I took him to his dad for the rest of his spring break.

The rest of the week I relaxed, went shopping, took Dustin to the doctor, walked a 10k and relaxed some more.

We did a lot, but we had fun!  And in such a beautiful city.

Jonas and the Chicago Skyline

No comments: